The missions of department of accommodation services includes all the issues of management, supervision, coordination and settlement of non-resident students of Islamic Azad University of Qom and contributes to the growth of students’ ideological, intellectual, scientific, personal and academic achievement in line with the university ideals. The most important tasks of this department are summarized as below:
- Planning and resettlement of all female college students in university student dormitories
- Planning to reside non-resident male students of Islamic Azad University of Qom in private or university dormitories
- Supervision of private residences licensed by the Industry and trade Organizations to meet the standards of student dormitories
- Collaboration with the student dormitory committee of the Qom province
- Organizing religious ceremonies in student dormitories
- Conducting a graceful ritual for communal prayers
- Providing counseling services in all student dormitories
- Providing web services and internet access
- Providing sports services with modern and equipped sports facilities
- Equipped hostels with CCTV and gas leak warning system to enhance the safety and security
The Department of Dormitories of Islamic Azad University of Qom accommodate the students of four dormitories (Hafezieh 1 with a capacity of 218 people, Roozbeh 1 with a capacity of 320 people, and Roozbeh 3 with a capacity of 36 and inspiration with a capacity of 80 people) and a male dormitory known as Hafezieh 2, with a capacity of 32, which accommodates non-resident students.
How to distribute students in dormitories
Due to the numerous students’ requests for accommodation in dormitories, university divided the dormitories for each degree, by accommodating undergraduate students at Roozbeh 1, senior level in Hafezieh and Ph.D. in Roozbeh 3 and the rest undergraduate and senior students in the Elham Dorm.
Each dorm is individually equipped with amenities such as counseling center, study halls, computer center and, sports center. Prayer room of each dormitory is a good place to hold prayers at noon, afternoon, and evening, and also educational classes, and cultural programs.
Note that Universities have no obligations and responsibilities in non-residential dormitories that are under the supervision of a university.